October 13, 2009
by Becca




As Jeff and I were sitting on the couch last night cooing and smiling with our sweet little man, Jeff made a comment that really struck a cord with me. Behind our couch are two large black and white pictures of Jeff and me on our honeymoon. These pictures just fascinate little Caden. As we were fighting last night to keep his attention, Jeff complained that Caden always looks past us to the pictures up above. I was thinking about this still as I put Caden down to bed last night. How often is the Father fighting to get and keep my attention, and I look right past Him to distractions behind, things that cannot look back, interact or love me back? I pray that I will not let myself keep missing these opportunities to have "face time" with my Father.

Comments

Leave a Reply